Nothin says lovin like somethin from the oven!
I saw a recipe for peanut butter brownies on a website this morning and thought...YUMMY! What better way to tell my peanut butter loving husband "Happy Tuesday!"? So...I checked the list of ingredients and I just happened to have every last thing, then I knew it was going to be a good day! =)
So, here goes:
|First, combine your flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl with a wire whisk.|
|In your mixing bowl, cream butter and peanut butter together until smooth.|
|Add sugars and mix until combined.|
|Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each. Add vanilla, mix well.|
|Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.|
|Stir in the chocolate chips.|
|Pour into a greased 9x9 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.|
|Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting and serving.|
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies
(recipe from Bakerella)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 X 8 pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking powder and salt together with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the sugars and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread in the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.
or I'll be a patient wife and just enjoy the smell until he gets here!
The smell is just increasing my desire to taste one, I'm going outside to weed the flowerbeds!
(out of sight, out of mind)