Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DIY: Any Occasion Cards

In today's society it is common to get e-mails, Facebook comments/messages and text messages. What's unusual is to get "snail mail" as they say. I personally love to get mail! I have tried lately to make an effort to send notes to friends and family. Just small hello's, pictures, just a little something to let them know they are thought of. Going and buying cards can get a bit expensive, and unless it's on my shopping list, they don't tend to make it home with me. So, on one of my expeditions to Hobby Lobby, I bought some of the Paper Studio blank cards and envelopes to have on hand (hurry and go before Sunday and they are 50% off this week)! With a little creativity, scrapbook paper, stamps and ink and embellishments you can make some really cute cards for relatively inexpensive.

Here are some cards I have made recently:

Card I sent with pictures to my C-ster.

Card I sent with pictures to my other C-ster.

Hers & His cards of encouragement for some friends of ours.

These cards are so simple to make, and don't take any time! I used various scrapbook papers, paper frill borders and brads or stick on embellishments. I used a cross stamp that I have on all of the above cards. You can dress it up and go over the top, or you can stick to plain and simple.

Here are some cards I just made today:

You'll need scrapbook paper, paper trimmer, tape runner and embellishments.

Supplies for Baby Shower Card.
I chose the paper I wanted for the background and cut it to the same size as the card 5" x 7". I attached that paper to the front of the card. I then took the glittery silver paper and cut it to size. I used my paper punch to round the corners. I used a flower punch I had and made the white flowers and wrote the letters B-E-N-T-L-E-Y (baby's name) on them. I used my tape runner to attach the silver glitter paper, and a pink ribbon across that. I then attached the flower letters and in about 5 minutes I had a card!
I decided to use the same theme as the invite I received. (Katie, if you read this act like you've never seen this on Saturday!) =)
Then I made a generic card just to show another example. This card and envelope is made to look like craft paper. I had some brads that have screw heads on them and it made me think of a new home (card board boxes and hanging things everywhere). I didn't have a stamp, so I got on Publisher and created a design for the front. I printed it on white card stock, cut it to size, and clipped the corners. I then mounted it on navy card stock, cut it to size and clipped the corners. I cut a white piece of card stock just smaller than the card front and used the brads in the four corners. I taped the "Home Sweet Home" to the white card stock and attached it to the front of the card.

Before

After.
If you get in the card making routine, just make a lot of generic cards - Birthday's, Anniversary's, etc. and have them on hand for the next occasion. Or you can make them as you need them. Hope you find this helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment