Friday, March 16, 2012

Quilts

 Back in February I started a quilting class with my Ma'am and my Mom and it has been a BLAST! We are working on a sampler quilt at a little quilt shop in Bullard, TX. (I'll blog with pictures on those when they are complete.) We have sew much fun and it is just relaxing to sew together.

Here recently I have been helping out part time at the quilt shop and I just enjoy it immensely! I'm learning so much about quilting and picking up even more knowledge from the customers who come in. I just thought I would share a little bit about the quilt shop and some random projects I've been working on.

All Those Quilts is a full service quilting, embroidery and fabric supply store on HWY 69 just South of Bullard.  Verena Munday is the owner, and a close family friend. Here are a few of the quilts shown in the store:

Lone Star Quilt made by Verena.

Sampler Quilt (this is the style Mom, Ma'am and I are working on)
She has numerous quilts on display for you to see, and they are all so unique! There is a quilt show next weekend, March 23rd and 24th at the Harvey Hall in Tyler, Texas. We will have a booth there, you should come by and say hi!

 Quilt Show Information

These are a few of the "Trunk Show" quilts that will be on display next weekend. They are all made with an applique approach, so fun and full of color!

Breast Cancer Awareness Quilt

High Heel & Mustang Quilts
Here are a few projects I have worked on:

Sock Monkey Quilt that Grandmother Lumley started and I finished up for Aunt Ann Lumley, it's so cute!

Baby Quilt for Miss Bentley that I made.

Quilting is therapeutic to me, and well I thought you might be interested in it too! We'd love to see you at the quilt shop or at the quilt show next weekend...just stop in and say "HI"!



Good friends are like quilts. They age with you, yet never lose their warmth.

1 comment: