Thursday, March 29, 2012

DIY: Bunny Napkins

Easter is just right around the corner! Are you having guests over for a dinner party? Or just like to decorate? Here are step by step instructions on how to turn your dinner napkins into Easter bunnies! I made these last year for a "Spring Table-scape Auction" I did for a fundraiser for Liv's old school. We each decorated a table and then they were auctioned off, it was fun! Here are a few pictures: (I apologize they aren't the best quality...I just found them on my phone.)

Last year's Easter Table-Scape.

Close Up.
Easter Bunny Dinner Napkin.

Ok, these are very easy to fold, and don't take a lot of time.
You will need:
  • Dinner Napkins (However many you want to fold)
  • Buttons
  • Needle
  • Thread
  • Straight Pins/Safety Pins (optional)
STEP 1 - Iron and starch your napkins.

STEP 2.

STEP 3.
STEP 4.

STEP 5.

STEP 6.
STEP 7.

STEP 8.

STEP 9.
STEP 10.

STEP 11. (Here you may want to pin the napkin...sometimes they won't stay together.)

Stand it up and you can be finished....or (see below).

You can sew on a button nose and leave the threads for whiskers!
Finished Bunnies.
 See? I told you they are easy! Stay tuned, early next week I'll post a DIY on felt Peeps. You can use them on chair sashes (like in the Table-Scape picture) or you can make them into a bunting. Again, they are SEW EASY!




No comments:

Post a Comment